Optional attendance forms for both elementary (applying for grades K-8) and secondary (applying for grades 9-12) programs are available in our office as well as attached to this message. Deadlines and processes are outlined below.
All forms need to first be completed by the family and then signed by the home or sending school. This is the current school if enrolled in the TDSB – OR – the TDSB home school by address if currently enrolled in a non-TDSB school. (Click here to check your home school.)
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to deliver the application to the desired school(s) by the deadlines posted below***. Please allow adequate time for the home/sending school to process and sign the form, and then return it to you.
*** York Mills CI is the one exception to this process; please see separate note below under Secondary Optional Attendance.
Elementary Optional Attendance
Form: 545A Elementary opt att 2017june (PDF)
- February 16, 2018: Optional attendance forms due at elementary school
- March 9, 2018: Deadline for parents/guardians to be informed of the status of the application request
- March 23, 2018: Parents/guardians must inform the requested school of their acceptance of the offer
- more info: www.tdsb.on.ca/Elementary-School/School-Choices/Optional-Attendance
Secondary Optional Attendance
Form: 545B Secondary opt att 2017sep (PDF)
- February 2, 2018: Optional attendance forms due at secondary school
- For current SAJH students applying to York Mills CI:
- hand in optional attendance forms to ST. ANDREW’S JHS
- Forms due by January 30, 2018
- Ms. Wong will deliver forms to YMCI
- February 16, 2018: Deadline for parents/guardians of students to be informed of the status of the application request
- February 23, 2018: Course selection sheets due at elementary schools
- March 2, 2018: Course selection sheets due at secondary schools
- Secondary Schools Closed to Optional Attendance (PDF)
- more info: www.tdsb.on.ca/Find-your/School/Optional-Attendance