As we continue the course selection process, there are some reference documents from the TDSB that you might find helpful. Some of these were shared earlier with students during our MyBlueprint training sessions; others have just been made available.
- SecondaryPlacemat_F – summary of key information for high school and course selection
- Choices 2018-2019 insert – more detail about high school credits, post-secondary destinations, course types and pathways
- Pathways Planning Guide – details about the course pathways for English, Math, Science, and English as a Second Language/English Language Learners (ESL/ELL)
Answers to frequent questions:
- Students can take more than one Arts course in grade 9; York Mills CI is requiring students take at least one in order to fulfill the Arts requirement. BTT/TIJ (section D) are not mandatory.
- If you are in grade 9 and have NOT taken an Arts course this year, you MUST take one during grade 10 (codes starting in “A”, e.g. Visual Arts, Music, Drama, Dance, etc).
- In order to add in Learning Strategies (GLS/GLE), you need to leave an elective space open, then hand-write the request for GLS/GLE on the sign-off sheet. There will be a letter sent home tomorrow for students who are suggested to take GLS/GLE.
A reminder that course selection is due by February 23, and requires the SIGNED PAPER COPY as well as online submission via the MyBlueprint website.