Northern Secondary shared information last week during the afternoon and evening info sessions that we would like to pass along.
- Northern SS Math info for incoming grade 8 students (web link)
- description of different course types and suggestions on how to select Math courses
- info on Advanced Placement option for math
- Grade 8s can write the grade 9 Math exam for placement in grade 10 math in September.
- The exam will take place on March 21, 2018.
- Contact email@example.com to sign up.
- For full details on course offerings and placement exam, see the website linked above.
- Northern SS French info for incoming grade 8 students (web link)
- description of different course types and suggestions on how to select French courses
- Post French Immersion:
- students who took Immersion until the end of grade 6 or later and have achieved a grade of 70% or higher may proceed directly to Grade 10 French.
- select FSF2DP in course selection
- For full details on course offerings, see the website linked above
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- 2018 NSS Comprehensive Gifted Program Information (PDF)
- This information applies to students who:
- receive and accept a placement offer of Northern Secondary School for Gifted programming, AND
- are currently in the Gifted program.
- NOTE: placement offers are generated by the Central Special Education office (not by individual schools); students CANNOT apply for a gifted placement via optional attendance.
- Contact email@example.com with questions about the gifted program at Northern