Please refer to the TDSB website for more information.
8 May, 2015
Dear Parents/Guardians of Elementary and Junior High School Students,
We would like to provide you with a further update with regards to planned job action by
the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO).
ETFO has formally given notice that elementary teachers will begin a partial withdrawal
of service on Monday, May 11, 2015. The law permits the partial withdrawal of service while in a strike position.
All TDSB schools will remain open
and programming will continue.
ETFO has directed teachers to continue to:
- Teach and provide extra help to students.
- Take attendance.
- Maintain contact with parents/guardians regarding students during the instructional day.
- Provide scheduled supervisory duties.
- Participate in extra-curricular activities.
ETFO has directed teachers to not:
- • Participate in EQAO (standardized testing).
- • Participate in other Ministry of Education initiatives.
We encourage all parents/guardians to monitor the TDSB website at http://www.tdsb.on.ca or
follow us on Twitter at @TDSB for regular updates.
We remain hopeful that a mutually acceptable resolution can be reached without
further disruptions to the school day.
Shaun Chen, Chair of the Board
Donna Quan, Director of Education